In my preceding post, which is also the 1st part of this post, I talked about what I call the ‘Fifteen Merit Days’ that will happen on Feb. 8, 2016 to Feb. 22, 2016. As mentioned in that post, it is very rarely that the Chinese New Year and Tibetan New Year will happen at the same time, and because of this it created a special Fifteen Merit Days that can help protect us from the ill effects of the year and also create good karma for us.
Any good deeds are going to be have doubled or tripled merits.
But today, allow me some of the traditional way to earn merits on the said 15 Merit Days.
Chant the following mantras and Buddha or Bodhisattva names:
- Amitabha Buddha Mantra (OM AMI DEWA HRIH)
- Shakyamuni Buddha Mantra (OM MUNI MUNI MAHAY MUNI YE SOHA)
- Medicine Buddha Mantra (TADYATHA OM BHEKANDZYE BHEKANDZYE MAHA BHEKANDZYE RADZA SAMUGATE SOHA)
- Mantra of the Compassionate Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara / Kuan Yin (OM MANI PADME HUM)
- Mantra of Ksitigarbha Buddha (OM AH KSITIGARBHA THALENG HUM)
- Name of Samantabhadra Bodhisattva (NAMO TA XING PU XIEN PUSA)
- Mantra of Bodhisattva Manjushri (OM A RA PA TSA NA DHIH)
- Wish Fulfilling Manta and Negative Karma Cleansing Mantra (OM PADMO USHNISHA VIMALE HUM PHAT & OM HANU PASHA BHARA HEYE SOHA)
- Mantra of Bodhisattva Vajrapani (OM VAJRAPANI HUM)
- Mantra of Bodhisattva Vajrasattva (OM VAJRASATTVA HUM)
Recite the following Sutras:
- The Prajna Paramita Heart Sutra (Heart Sutra)
- The Diamond Cutter Sutra
- Sutra of the Medicine Buddha
- The Noble Stack of Auspiciousness Sutra
- The Buddha Speaks of Amitabha Sutra
- The Sutra on Impermanence
To do all these, it usually takes me 2 hours to finish all. You can omit some of the mantras or sutras mentioned on the list. However, remember the more you are able to do the more merit you’ll get. I especially recommend this to people who are sick or have a family who are sick and people born under the sign of the Ox and Tiger and also those who stay in the Northeast.
It will also be good if you can make vegetarian and fruit offering in the temple, as well as light and incense offering. Prostrating in front of an image of a Buddha or Bodhisattva will also likewise add some merits.
Please note that you can add other mantras or sutras. Especially the Mantra of Goddess Tara, Yellow Dzambhala, and Maitreya Buddha.
Again to better understand the 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey it will be good to read all the forecast. I know it is quite long but it is important for you to see the big picture.
- 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey Feng Shui Forecast Base on Bazi, Flying Stars, and 24 Mountain Stars Formula: An Imbalance Year Filled With A Number of Good Stars (Part 1)
- 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey Feng Shui Forecast Base on Bazi, Flying Stats, and 24 Mountain Stars Formula: An Imbalance Year Filled With A Number of Good Stars (Part 2)
- 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey 12 Animal Chinese Zodiac Feng Shui Forecast
- Illness Suppression Amulet: A Must Have Anti – Illness and Anti – Accident Amulet for 2016 and Beyond.
- The Dreadful and Stronger Five Yellow Star of 2016: Other Ways To Curb Its Effects. (Part 1)
- The Dreadful and Stronger Five Yellow Star of 2016: Other Ways to Curb Its Effects – Give Until It Hurts! (Part 2)
- Should We Put the ‘Salt Water Cure’ at the Center of our House this 2016?
- 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey is a Black Year. What Then is a Black Year?
- People Born Under the Sign of the Ox and Tiger and People Who Stay in the Northeast Should Constantly Do These Things in 2016!
- Managing the Pervasive Illness and Accident Energies of the 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey!
- The Energy of the 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey Comes In As Early as January!
- Two of the Most Important Cure this 2016!
- Heed the Warning Signs and Prevent Them From Happening…
- 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey Water and Flower Ritual.
For questions, comments, and suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org