One of the most common questions that people ask me is what mantra to chant for specific things. However, I would like to state that if you chant mantras only in time of need, then you are not fully utilizing the power of mantras. I agree that there are mantras or combination mantras that one can chant in specific time of need. But mantras should be treated like vitamins. You have to ‘take’ it everyday so you develop resistance to negative energies or negative chi. Taking it at the time of need might not be very swift.
So the next question is what mantra to chant everyday. Today allow me to share with you the mantras that I chant everyday. Some of the mantras in the list were mantras that my Guru Lama told me to chant, the others are from various Buddhist monks or nuns, and the others are those that I felt I needed to chant everyday. You can come out with your own list, but these are find are very powerful when chanted everyday.
MANTRAS OF THE 3 MAIN BUDDHAS OF OUR TIME:
- NAMO AMITUOFO & OM AMI DEWA HRIH (Mantra of Buddha Amitabha) – Amitabha Buddha is one of the 3 main Buddhas of our time. Amitabha used to be human eons and eons ago. When Gautama Siddhartha or Shakyamuni Buddha (Sakyamuni Buddha) was about to reach enlightenment, it was Amitabha Buddha who sent the most powerful Bodhisattva, Bodhisattva Vajrapani, to protect Sakyamuni Buddha. His mantra is very good for protection and over – all auspiciousness. Normally, when a person is about to passed away, Pureland Buddhist and Zen Buddhist will chant his mantra so that the person will be reborn in the Pure Land, which is Amitabha’s dwelling place that can be akin to Heaven.
- NAMO PEN SHI SI CHIA MONI FO & OM MUNI MUNI MAHAY MUNI YE SOHA (Mantra of Buddha Shakyamuni) – Sakyamuni Buddha is the Historical Buddha because he is a Buddha who lived during our time. To draw parallelism, he is like Jesus Christ, who became a human being. Although Buddhism under Buddha Sakyamuni started about 500 – 2000 years before Christianity did. Chanting his mantra, will help you attain enlightenment faster and will also provide wisdom. Also it will help you understand the Dharma(s) faster.
- NAMO XIAO TSAI YEN SHOW YAW SHI LIO LI KUANG DRU LIE or TADYATHA OM BHEKANDZYE BHEKANDZYE MAHA BHEKANDZYE RADZA SAMUGATE SOHA (Mantra of Medicine Buddha) – Medicine Buddha is the only Buddha amongst the three that is a Celestial Buddha. Meaning he is the only Buddha that has never assumed a human form. As the name implies, chanting his mantra will help cure diseases and prevent illnesses or provide you with health luck. However, what most people don’t know is chanting his mantra will also provide protection from accidents and will also provide wealth luck or financial luck. You can also read all the other posts about Medicine Buddha to know the benefits of chanting of Medicine Buddha.
(If you can only chant three mantras a day, please make sure you chant their mantras.)
Here are the links of my Medicine Buddha posts. And you will find His mantras and sutras within these posts:
- Medicine Buddha: A Healer, Provider, and Protector of Both the Spiritual and Physical Realm.
- Drinking the Healing Power of Medicine Buddha, Avalokitesvara, and other Mantras: A Desperate Recommendation for A Desperate Reader!
- How Dedication to Medicine Buddha Compliments Modern Medicine and A Lesson in Humility!
- Using Auralite and the Mantra of Medicine Buddha to do Distant Healing.
- Cured of Cancer and Addiction is Stopped: How The Chinese Mantra of Medicine Buddha Helped A Wife and Mother in Crisis!
- Chinese Mantra of Medicine Buddha.
You can also read other posts in the Chant – A – Mantra series:
- Chant – A – Mantra: A Reintroduction to the Wonderful Benefits of Chanting A Mantra.
- Chant – A – Mantra (2): When You Need Compassion, Wisdom, and Power!
For questions, comments, and suggestions please email firstname.lastname@example.org