As a Feng Shui blogger and to some extent a very reluctant Feng Shui consultant ( I still cringed with the term consultant being associated with me ), I find it easy to write the articles I post on this blog. The reason being is because I only write about things that I have studied, experienced, or would have heard a first hand confirmed testimonial.
This post is quite different, I have known about this topic for quite some time, I even aspire to have one, but the truth is my knowledge this thing is quite limited, I haven’t experienced it’s effects, and because the last time this thing was created was 40 to 50 years ago, then there would be very little confirmed first hand testimonial about this. I’m talking about the Vajrapani Ruel.
Briefly speaking, a ruel, for the lack of appropriate terms, a ruel is a kind of Buddhist amulet. It is believed to be the most powerful form and the most effective amulet in the realm of Buddhism.
But before we go into Vajrapani, I believe it is worth talking about Vajrapani first.
Who is Vajrapani? The straight answer is that Vajrapani is a Bodhisattva, a Bodhisattva that is in the level of Avalokitesvara (aka Kuan Yin) and Ksitigarbha. However, simply saying that Vajrapani is a Bodhisattva in the level of Avalokitesvara or Kuan Yin and Ksitigarbha, simply won’t do him justice.
Vajrapani is one of the lesser known but equally powerful and compassionate Bodhisattva!
For those who understands Buddhism as a loving and calm type of religious order will be surprise that arise a Bodhisattva like Vajrapani who is famous for his wrathful form. To be completely honest, there are a lot of wrathful deity or images in Buddhism, but the wrathful form does not represent the fact that they are angry but more of what they represents, a lot of these wrathful forms represents protection and wealth.
Vajrapani is one of the Bodhisattvas that are highly revered in all Buddhist tradition. But he holds special position in the Lotus family. The Lotus family is headed by Amitabha Buddha and is surrounded by Avalokitesvara or Kuan Yin, Manjushri and Vajrapani. Vajrapani is also a member of the Vajra (thunderbolt) family, which includes Yamantaka and Akshobya, which is the lord of the Vajra family.
Vajrapani is also one of the earliest Bodhisattva that appeared in Mahayana Buddhism. As mentioned he is being part of the Lotus family, he automatically became a member of the three protective Bodhisattvas that surrounds the Buddha. Kuan Yin or Avalokitesvara manifests the Buddha’s compassion, Manjushri manifests the Buddha’s wisdom, and Vajrapani manifest the Buddha’s power. Furthermore, Vajrapani also manifest the power of the 5 Tathagatas.
Image of the Vajrapani in a peaceful form with Avakolitesvara and Guru Rinpoche. The biggest image is that of Amitabha Buddha.
Amitabha Buddha has also given Vajrapani of becoming the protector and guide of the Historical Buddha, or Shakyamuni Buddha when he was still a human Bodhisattva.
As if that is not impressive enough, Vajrapani is the only the Buddhist Bodhisattva or to be more accurate deity (as he was then still a deity) to be mentioned in the Pali Canon. He is also the only Bodhisattva worshipped in Pure Land Buddhism, Tibetan Buddhism, and in Shaolin Monasteries.
Namo Vajrapani Bodhisattva in his peaceful or zen form.
Vajrapani is also one of the first Dharmapalas mentioned in all Pali Canon texts. Dharmapalas are ‘fearsome’ beings in wrathful form, sometimes with several heads, and hands, and feet. They usually have red, black or blue (such as in the case of Vajrapani) skin. They will always have very fierce expressions and sometimes they come with fangs. But what one needs to understand is that Dharmapalas are depicted in such form to communicate their strength and their power over all evil. But Dharmapalas, despite of their terrifying look, are actually Bodhisattvas or Buddhas that still embodies high compassion, they only act wrathful for the benefit of sentient beings.
Vajrapani has a wrathful look to symbolize a yaksa to help generate ‘fear’ in sentient beings to loosen up his dogmatism and also to communicate to lower beings that he is protector Bodhisattva. He’s in a warrior pose to signify his immediate action. His loincloth is made of a skin of a tiger, the head of the tiger can still be seen somewhere on his left knee. Vajrapani’s right hand brandishes a Vajra (thunderbolt) to signify wisdom in fighting off his opponents, and at the same time to signify the capability to cleans the surrounding of negative chi or energy. It also signifies one of the greatest natural weapons in the universe. His left hand holds a magical lasso, which he uses to bind demons or evil intent. Around his neck is a serpent necklace, to signify his power to heal and to bring good luck. He also has a third eye, which depicts his ability to see through what is not obvious. He is also always depicted with a whole body flame halo, because this represents awakening and suppression of hostile energies.
It is important to understand that unlike in Taoism were there image represents their ‘physical form’, images of the Buddhas or Bodhisattvas that we see are just representation of the things that they want to communicate. Needless to say, enlightenment can’t be represented in any form. So the Zen images of the Buddhas or Bodhisattvas, just like the fierce images of the wrathful Buddhas or Bodhisattvas are all ‘misrepresentation’.
Surely, we cannot imagine all the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas sitting around all day on lotuses meditating. The truth is our mind won’t be able to grasps even a fraction of the concept on how they work, that’s why they have to be translated through images, that in turn gathers some of their energy by virtue of it representing them.
In the Pali Canon texts, Vajrapani was described as a Yaksa (sometimes spelled as Yaksha). A Yaksa is a kind of warrior and guardian spirit, like a General. He became a Bodhisattva because of an incident that happened to Shakyamuni when he was still a living Bodhisattva.
When he was still a living Bodhisattva, Shakyamuni went into meditation, where he encountered a Brahmin entity name Ambattha. Ambattha was really rude to Shakyamuni because he believes that Shakyamuni was of a lower social caste. He literally taunted Shakyamuni. Shakyamuni then also questioned Ambattha about his ancestry, which is supposed to have been totally ‘humble’.
Ambattha refuses to answer Sakyamuni’s questions and the situation is about to escalate. Ambattha was then already in the spirit world, while Shakyamuni was still a living Bodhisattva, Vajrapani who is a protector and guide of the human Shakyamuni appeared and manifested himself. Ambattha then saw Vajrapani on top of Sakyamuni’s head about to strike him. Note this as a realization of an ancient prophecy. Ambattha was really scared and promptly answered Sakyamuni’s question. Ambattha eventually became a Yaksa or a Deity and Vajrapani became a Bodhisattva.
It is important to note that Vajrapani and other similar wrathful figures in the Buddhism pantheon are not representative or manifestation of ordinary anger, there is no such thing as ‘righteous anger’ in Buddhism. The wrathful image represents their power, their fearlessness, and their total awakened mind. Remember that Vajrapani is and will always be a very compassionate Bodhisattva.
Namo Vajrapani Bodhisattva
In my post above, I gave an introduction of Bodhisattva Vajrapani. That particular is a short and incomplete account of who Vajrapani is, but for now, it should be able to show us his importance and the depth of his power and significance. He alone has the wonderful opportunity of being the assigned protector and guardian of Shakyamuni as a living Bodhisattva.
I would now like to discuss about the Vajrapani Ruel, as mentioned in the previous post, for the lack of an appropriate term, a ruel is a form of amulet, but it is said to be the highest form of amulet.
I have heard about the Vajrapani Ruel several years back and were in search of it. However, since it is so rare, I wasn’t really surprised that I didn’t found any. In fact, the last time a Vajrapani Ruel was made was some 40 to 50 years ago!
I was so happy when my Guru Lama contacted me to inform me that a Vajrapani Ruel is available, 40 to 50 years since it was last made. There are three kinds of known and accepted ruel, and depending on what Buddhist tradition you follow, it is said that the Vajrapani Ruel is the most powerful one.
Why does it take so long to make the Vajrapani Ruel?
The Vajrapani Ruel can only be made by a select group of highly enlightened lamas. These are lamas who can access those Wrathful images through a certain form of non – physical tantric meditation. But other than the fact that only a very few select group of high lamas can only make this particular ruel, there are certain conditions and ingredients that can only be access once every few years.
It would be impossible for me to list down all the ingredients, because according to my Guru Lama, the ingredients of the Vajrapani Ruel consist of 70 to 90 different ingredients.
Some of these are Namtso Salt that I recently wrote about, a certain soil that can be found only inside a certain place in Tibet. But more than various precious herbs, rare plants, crystals, one very important ingredient of the Vajrapani Ruel is a precious relic from a high lama.
The Vajrapani Ruel looks simple, maybe even rustic, but this simple amulet is packed with a special talisman paper inside, with various ingredients, which includes Namtso Salt, soil, various herbs and plants, crystal, and a relic from a high lama. It’s important to put the ruel inside a amulet holder or something sturdy as to not ruin it. If the cloth had tear which exposes or spill the ingredients inside, the ruel becomes useless.
Those who are not Buddhist and are not familiar with the importance of relics might find this a little iffy. Relics are basically small pearl like objects found in the ashes of the dead lamas after they’re cremated. Weirdly, it is only high lamas and really good people produces these pearl like objects, and are most often than not are green in color. These relics are crushed into powder, mixed with the other ingredients and baked.
In the world only very few selected people can really own a relic. The karmic merit must be so high before one will have the chance to own a relic, so having the Vajrapani ruel, is an extremely fortunate and meritous thing to have.
Having the Vajrapani Ruel has various benefits, one of which has been mentioned several times. Vajrapani Ruel is one of the most powerful protective amulets. Again, depending on what Buddhist tradition you ask, some of them even consider the Vajrapani Ruel more powerful than the Kalachakra with its protective energies.
The difference of the Kalachakra and the Vajrapani Ruel is basically the Kalachakra is a very powerful protective symbol because it’s actually a compressed symbolic script. The Vajrapani ruel is in the strictest sense of the word an amulet.
But more than it’s protective properties, the Vajrapani Ruel has the ability to cleanse immediate negative energy and chi. It also gives you a upper hand in all your undertakings.
More than that, it also has the ability of bestowing tremendous wealth luck.
It also has the ability to bestow wisdom especially to people who people who are in the field that research and intellectual stimulation takes the front seat.
Because the last Vajrapani Ruel was made 40 to 50 years ago, it’s quite difficult to get first hand testimonials, but my Guru Lama shared some with me and will be sharing them in a few days.
According to my Guru Lama, a Vajrapani ruel can only be made inside Tibet, and he now has the latest batch of Vajrapani Ruel made available which was recently made. This particular batch of Vajrapani Ruel was smuggled out of Tibet together with the Namtso Salt.
You can also read the following posts about the Vajrapani Ruel:
- The World’s Most Powerful Amulet in the Buddhist Pantheon Called the Vajrapani Ruel.
- The Vajrapani Ruel Stories: The 17th Karmapa’s Relatively Easy Escape; The Miraculous Release of a Tibetan Monk from Chinese Prison and Labor Camp; and The Wealth Luck Bestowed Upon a Repentant Prodigal Son.
- The Vajrapani Ruel Stories (2): How A Man Got His Land Back After A 20 – Year – Old Legal Bottle.
- The Vajrapani Ruel Stories (3): Early Karmic Death Was Erased with Good Deeds and the Vajrapani Ruel.
- The Vajrapani Ruel Stories (4): Received the Needed Financial and Wealth Blessing to Solve Money Problems.
- The Vajrapani Ruel Stories (5): In the Nick of Time and Money Problems Solved with the Help of the ‘Hated’ Gift.
- A Reader Receives A Precious Gift from the Abbess of the Lotus Temple and Some Quaint Vajrapani Ruel Stories.
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (6): Getting to Work Abroad.
- The Kuan Yin with Heart Sutra and the Vajrapani Ruel Helped an Entrepreneur Solved Her Problems.
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (7): Miraculous Healing and An Unexpected ‘Miraculous’ Financial and Wealth Luck.
- Coincidence or Another Vajrapani Ruel Story?
- Did the Vajrapani Ruel Triggered a Past Life Recall?
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (8): Amazing Financial Luck and 5 Condo Units All Because of the Vajrapani Ruel.
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (9): Two Bags Full of Money Helps Solve Family Financial Problem.
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (10): Simple Miracles But Miracles Nonetheless.
- Vajrapni Ruel Stories (11): Acquiring A Property, Avoiding Problems Brought About A Natural Calamity, and Life Simply Becomes Easier All Because of A Wonderful Gift of Luck.
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories(12): Finding Long Lost Father With A Bonus of Finding True Love!
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (13): Migrating to Canada and Breaking – Up with the Live – In Partner.
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (14): Winning A Contest On A National Television!
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (15): 90 Million Pesos Mutual Fund Deal Closed Without A Sweat!
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (16): Chased After By Jobs.
- Understanding the Vajrapani Ruel Stories: Clarifying the Difference in the Miracles and Why The Anonymity of Those Who Experienced It.
- Expecting A Good Harvest and Temporarily Acquiring A Much Coveted Property: Another “Vajrapani Ruel Stories” and A “Wish Fulfilling and Buddha’s Blessing Mantra Pendant” Personal Testimony.
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (17): How A Man Helped His Mother Get Her Land Backed After More Than 20 Years of Trying!
- Did the Vajrapani Ruel Manifested It’s Power to A Person Even Before She Received It?
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (18): Borrowed Luck Lands Him A Job In A Japanese Company!
- Did the Vajrapani Ruel Make Him See the Future that Helped Save His Life?
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (19): A Difficult Pitch That Ended in a Totally Different But Wonderful Way!
- Be Grateful for Miracles No Matter How “Small”: Two Simple Vajrapani Ruel Stories and How Those Who Experienced It Are Teaching Us A Lesson About Gratitude.
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (20): When A Sales Clerk Unexpectedly Became An Entrepreneur!
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (21): Fulfilling the Dream of Having An Uber Car Service Business!
- A Simple Wish Fulfilled Thru A Simple Vajrapani Ruel Miracle.
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (22): Winning A Court Case Against An Influential Family.
- Correct Diagnosis Because of the Vajrapani Ruel.
- Vajrapani Ruel and Surangama Mantra Amulet: A Comparison
- The Amulet From Within: A Story About How The Vajrapani Ruel Failed to Work and How Forgiveness Did.
- Counting Money and Counting More Money: Simple and Short Vajrapani Ruel Stories About Readers Who Increased Their Wealth Luck!
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (23): Carnapping Case Dismissed Without Prejudice!
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (24): Miraculous Wealth Gift Received In Time of Need!
- Is the Vajrapani Ruel Really An Amulet for Financial Luck and Wealth Luck?
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (25) : Illegal Detention and Murder Cases Against An Underdog Politician Dropped! (How The Vajrapani Ruel Saved A Person Without Him Knowing.)
- Vajrapni Ruel Stories (26): Raising Enough Money to Finish One’s House and an Unexpected Additional Business!
- A Short But Heartwarming Vajrapani Ruel Miracle Shared By A Reader.
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (27): An Actor Experienced A Downpour of Financial Blessing.
- Another Simple Vajrapani Miraculous Story: How A Simple Request to the Vajrapani Ruel Revealed Evidence of Deceit!
- How the Vajrapani Ruel Helped Fixed the Flight Problem of the Personal Plane of My Business Client and Publisher!
- What is the Next Best Thing If You Can’t Have the Vajrapani Ruel?
- Financial Blessing, Recuperation of Career, Justice from Maltreatment of School Officials – A Story of A Family Who Received Several Miracles: A Vajrapani Ruel and Ing Deng Pay Personal Testimonies of A Reader.
- The Vajrapani Ruel Brought Blessings to the Children of a Loving Mother.
- Meeting a Long Time Friend Who Happens to be A Generous Actor: How The Vajrapani Ruel Created An Opportunity that Helped Solve a Financial Problem!
- Wealth and Money Luck “Delivered Right At the Doorstep”: A Simple Vajrapani Ruel Miraculous Story!
- How to Enhance the Eight Aspiration Energy of Your Vajrapani Ruel Using Crystals (1): Wealth Luck!
- How to Enhance the Eight Aspiration Energy of Your Vajrapani Ruel Using Crystals (2): Love Luck!
- How to Enhance the Eight Aspiration Energy of Your Vajrapani Ruel Using Crystals (3): Mentor Luck and Family & Descendant Luck!
- How to Enhance the Eight Aspiration Energy of Your Vajrapani Ruel Using Crystals (4): Fame Luck and Health Luck!
- How to Enhance the Eight Aspiration Energy of Your Vajrapani Ruel Using Crystals (5): Career Luck and Education Luck; Plus How To Strengthen the Protection Energies!
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (28): Financial Blessing, A New Job – An Overseas Filipino Worker Received Some Miracles!
- Chanting the Mantra of Bodhisattva Vajrapani Creates A Powerful Energy Akin to the Wish Fulfilling Mantra and Negative Karma Cleansing Mantra!
- Combined Power of the Vajrapani Ruel and the Surangama Mantra Amulet Brought Some Financial Blessings and Mended A Family Broken by Financial Problems!
- Breezing Through the German Language Exam (A1 – Start Deutsch 1) With the Help of the Vajrapani Ruel – A Personal Testimony of A Reader!
- Money Comes In With A Simple Wish While Holding A Vajrapani Ruel: Another Personal Testimony of A Reader!
- Financial Blessing By Way of A Mysterious Money Deposit Received Two Days After Receiving the Vajrapani Ruel: A Personal Testimony of A Reader.
- Vajrapani Ruel Stories (29): Twelve Million Pesos Deal From An Online Lead!
- A Reader Shares Her Stories About the Vajrapani Ruel, Illness Suppression Amulet, Buddhism, and Other Things…
- A Permanent High Paying Job in Singapore Bought About By the Vajrapani Ruel: A Personal Testimony of A Very Vocal Non – Believer!
- Financial Luck One After the Other; Wish Fulfilled; And Saved From A Definite Harm or Even Death: Another Overseas Worker Shares Her Miraculous Personal Testimony About the Vajrapani Ruel.
- Buying A Desired Property for Her Mother 3 Days After Receiving the Vajrapani Ruel: An Overseas Filipino Reader Shares Her Miraculous Story About the Vajrapani Ruel.
- A Mother’s Financial Problem Miraculously Solved And Her Wish For Her Daughter Came True – A Personal Testimony of A Reader!
- Half – A – Million Pesos Financial Luck for the Husband; A Career Luck of Promotion for the Husband; And Continuous Flow of Money Luck and Wisdom Luck of Creativity for A Reader Who Got the Vajrapani Ruel and the Illness Suppression Amulet: A Personal Testimony of A Reader!
- 900K Development Fund Released After Experiencing Some Hardships: A Reader Shares His Personal Vajrapani Ruel Miraculous Story.
- From Miserable to Charitable: A Transformation of A Reader Who Experienced Some Blessings Because of the Vajrapani Ruel and Surangama Mantra Amulet!
- A Different Kind of Vajrapani Ruel Miraculous Story.
- Financial Problem of An Illegitimate Child Solved When He Was Able to Claim His Inheritance Thru the Help of the Vajrapani Ruel: A Personal Testimony of A Reader.
- A Problematic Businesswoman Experienced Her First Vajrapani Ruel Miracle Within Three Days of Acquiring It: Vajrapani Ruel Miraculous Personal Testimony of A Reader.
- Financial and Wealth Blessings from A Problematic Sale of A Property: A Personal Testimony About the Vajrapani Ruel and Other Amulets in the Words of A Reader!
- The Proof of the Pudding is in the Eating and Sometimes We Should Realize that Simple Can Be Quite Good: Some Vajrapani Ruel Miraculous Stories and the Lesson We Can Learn from the People Who Experienced Them.
- “Suffering” May Be a Form of Cleansing; A Miraculous Pay Raise After More than 19 Years; And Other Miracles: A Personal Vajrapani Ruel Miraculous Stories of A Reader!
- There Are No Simple and Small Miracles: A Lesson from the Personal Testimony of A Reader!
- Money Luck or Financial Luck Blessings Received in About 15 Days Upon Receiving the Vajrapani Ruel and A Copy of the Traditional Sutra Amulet: A Reader from Dubai Shares Her Personal Miraculous Testimony!
- A Mother’s Wish for Her Children to Have A Secured Future Granted By the Vajrapani Ruel (An Unusual Financial Blessing): A Personal Testimony of A Reader!
- A Financial Blessing or Miracle for the Born – Again Christian Who Is Not A Believer of Amulets: How A Simple Miracle Turned A Woman into Believing that there is Indeed Something with the Vajrapani Ruel!
- Financial Luck Received After Receiving the Vajrapani Ruel and Descendant Luck Activated by the Traditional Sutra Amulet: Two Different Personal Testimonies of A Reader and How She Still Saw the Simple Miracle As A Miracle!
- Retirement Pay Withhold for 4 Years Released, Dream House Finally Within Reached, Debt Paid Off – Three Different Problems Solved With One Significant Financial Blessing: A Personal Testimony of A Reader About the Vajrapani Ruel!
- Academic Excellence; A Promotion with A Small Raise in Salary; A More Peaceful Work Environment: A Reader Shares the Joy of Having Simple Miracles from the Vajrapani Ruel!
- Count the Living and the Good News: The Lesson of My Nephew’s Death and the Story of A Reader Who Experienced Health and Financial Miracle from the Vajrapani Ruel and the Avatamsaka Traditional Sutra Amulet!
- Becoming a Full Fledged Lawyer and Academic Excellence Attributed to the Traditional Avatamsaka Sutra Amulet and the Vajrapani Ruel: Simple Miracles Shared by EV.
For questions, comments and suggestions please email email@example.com