Several posts ago, I wrote about the “FIFTEEN MERIT DAYS: A GIFT FROM THE HEAVEN TO HELP PROTECT US FROM THE ILL EFFECTS OF THE YEAR!” I suggest before you read on about today’s post, please read the first two parts of the said post to understand it better. Just click here (Part 1) and here (Part 2).
Throughout the first fifteen days, there are going to be some special days wherein we celebrate or honor a day of a Buddha or Bodhisattva. I suggest you continuously check this blog every morning for 15 days (which started last Feb. 8, 2016) to know whether there is a special ritual for the day. It’s not everyday that we have this ‘special days’ within the Fifteen Merit Days.
This is the last day of the ‘Fifteen Merit Days’ and this is indeed a special day because there are fifteen special merit acts that we can do today to earn more merits for the year.
- Do as much as you can if not all of the mantras and sutras found in this post (please click here).
- Feed an animal.
- Light incense for somebody who is sick or suffering.
- Light incense for your country and this world.
- Offer flowers to an image of Buddha or Bodhisattva. For Catholics you can do this for your God or Saints.
- Make a tea offering in a temple or your home altar. Three teacups will do.
- Donate some money to a temple or church.
- Donate some money to a Buddhist monk or nun or a priest or a nun.
- Donate vegetarian food to a temple or foundation.
- Buy as many items as you can from a street vendor.
- Wear a prayer wheel.
- Go Vegan!
- Give an image of a Buddha or Bodhisattva (either pendant or for display) to a friend or even a stranger.
- Make peace with somebody who has done some bad things to you. E.g. cheated you falsely accused you, said bad things against you, etc.
- Make 50 – 100 prostrations in front of a Buddha or Bodhisattva image. (For those who can’t physically do this, you can make half – bows instead.)
Doing all the above will ensure that you will sow a lot of good merits.
Again to better understand the 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey it will be good to read all the forecast. I know it is quite long but it is important for you to see the big picture.
- 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey Feng Shui Forecast Base on Bazi, Flying Stars, and 24 Mountain Stars Formula: An Imbalance Year Filled With A Number of Good Stars (Part 1)
- 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey Feng Shui Forecast Base on Bazi, Flying Stats, and 24 Mountain Stars Formula: An Imbalance Year Filled With A Number of Good Stars (Part 2)
- 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey 12 Animal Chinese Zodiac Feng Shui Forecast
- Illness Suppression Amulet: A Must Have Anti – Illness and Anti – Accident Amulet for 2016 and Beyond.
- The Dreadful and Stronger Five Yellow Star of 2016: Other Ways To Curb Its Effects. (Part 1)
- The Dreadful and Stronger Five Yellow Star of 2016: Other Ways to Curb Its Effects – Give Until It Hurts! (Part 2)
- Should We Put the ‘Salt Water Cure’ at the Center of our House this 2016?
- 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey is a Black Year. What Then is a Black Year?
- People Born Under the Sign of the Ox and Tiger and People Who Stay in the Northeast Should Constantly Do These Things in 2016!
- Managing the Pervasive Illness and Accident Energies of the 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey!
- The Energy of the 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey Comes In As Early as January!
- Two of the Most Important Cure this 2016!
- Heed the Warning Signs and Prevent Them From Happening…
- 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey Water and Flower Ritual.
- Fifteen Merit Days: A Gift From Heaven to Help Save Us from the Ill Effects of the Year (Part 1)
- Fifteen Merit Days: A Gift From Heaven to Help Save Us from the Ill Effects of the Year (Part 2)
For questions, comments, suggestions please email email@example.com