Last week, I wrote about the “FIFTEEN MERIT DAYS: A GIFT FROM THE HEAVEN TO HELP PROTECT US FROM THE ILL EFFECTS OF THE YEAR!” I suggest before you read on about today’s post, please read the first two parts of the said post to understand it better. Just click here (Part 1) and here (Part 2).
Throughout the first fifteen days, there are going to be some special days wherein we celebrate or honor a day of a Buddha or Bodhisattva. I suggest you continuously check this blog every morning for 15 days (which started last Feb. 8, 2016) to know whether there is a special ritual for the day. It’s not everyday that we have this ‘special days’ within the Fifteen Merit Days.
Today, in Buddhism celebrates the day when a high ranking official with burdened by a very chaotic household, where his family fight a lot, invited the Buddha to teach them a lesson on compassion. Upon entering the house, Buddha can feel so much anger and negative emotions amongst the family member of His host. Buddha then talk about the importance of compassion, and then he talked to them about the Bodhisattva of Compassion, Avalokitesvara (sometimes better known as Kuan Yin). After his talk Buddha then sat there to meditate on compassion, which cause him to emit of glow that exudes the energy of compassion. Those who are there all felt the energy and gave rise to the feeling of compassion. The family started loving each other compassionately.
In honor of this miracle, today’s merit act should also include the reciting of THE GREAT COMPASSION DHARANI SUTRA. (You can download said sutra by clicking this link – Great Compassion Dharani Sutra.doc)
Reciting this sutra especially for a person who has done you bad or for a person who really needs to learn or needs compassion will earn you more merits.
It will also be good if one can make a special flower, light, incense offering to Bodhisattva Kuan Yin (Avalokitesvara).
Again to better understand the 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey it will be good to read all the forecast. I know it is quite long but it is important for you to see the big picture.
- 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey Feng Shui Forecast Base on Bazi, Flying Stars, and 24 Mountain Stars Formula: An Imbalance Year Filled With A Number of Good Stars (Part 1)
- 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey Feng Shui Forecast Base on Bazi, Flying Stats, and 24 Mountain Stars Formula: An Imbalance Year Filled With A Number of Good Stars (Part 2)
- 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey 12 Animal Chinese Zodiac Feng Shui Forecast
- Illness Suppression Amulet: A Must Have Anti – Illness and Anti – Accident Amulet for 2016 and Beyond.
- The Dreadful and Stronger Five Yellow Star of 2016: Other Ways To Curb Its Effects. (Part 1)
- The Dreadful and Stronger Five Yellow Star of 2016: Other Ways to Curb Its Effects – Give Until It Hurts! (Part 2)
- Should We Put the ‘Salt Water Cure’ at the Center of our House this 2016?
- 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey is a Black Year. What Then is a Black Year?
- People Born Under the Sign of the Ox and Tiger and People Who Stay in the Northeast Should Constantly Do These Things in 2016!
- Managing the Pervasive Illness and Accident Energies of the 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey!
- The Energy of the 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey Comes In As Early as January!
- Two of the Most Important Cure this 2016!
- Heed the Warning Signs and Prevent Them From Happening…
- 2016 Year of the Fire Monkey Water and Flower Ritual.
- Fifteen Merit Days: A Gift From Heaven to Help Save Us from the Ill Effects of the Year (Part 1)
- Fifteen Merit Days: A Gift From Heaven to Help Save Us from the Ill Effects of the Year (Part 2)
For questions, comments, suggestions please email firstname.lastname@example.org